Game Warden Locates Missing Maine Man With Dementia

A game warden safely located a missing 73-year-old Cape Elizabeth man who had been missing since yesterday afternoon, August 7.

Mark Hagen, a 73-year-old man with dementia, was last seen at his home on Breakwater Farm Road in Cape Elizabeth yesterday afternoon at 2:30. Game Wardens, and other emergency service personnel began searching early yesterday evening, and continued through the night with ground searchers and K9 units.

As searchers were preparing for a second day and receiving their locations to search, Game Warden Matthew Norcia, who was continuing his search from Crescent Beach State Park to Hagen’s residence, located Hagen. Hagen was walking along the Crescent Beach Park Road at approximately 6:45 this morning, behind the locked gate to the park, and approximately ¾ mile from his home.

Hagen, who was missing a flip-flop and had some minor abrasions, was checked out by emergency medical personnel, and released to his family.

The Maine Warden Service was assisted in the search by the Cape Elizabeth Police Department, Cape Elizabeth Fire Department, Scarborough Police Department, Brunswick Police Department, Falmouth Police Department, Westbrook Police Department, Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office, Maine Search and Rescue Dogs and Maine Association For Search and Rescue.

Latest Local Central Maine News

The post Game Warden Locates Missing Maine Man With Dementia appeared first on True Country 93.5.

Arrest Made in Mexico Homicide

On Saturday, August 6,shortly before 1:00 pm, the Mexico Police Department responded to 32 Intervale Avenue in Mexico after a 911 call was received indicating there had been a shooting in the home.

Officers from Mexico and Rumford PD as well as two ambulances from Med-Care Ambulance arrived to find 27-year-old Nicholas Trynor of Mexico deceased. Maine State Police Major Crime Unit Detectives were called in to assist in the investigation and worked throughout the night and throughout the day Sunday gathering statements and evidence.

On Sunday, August 7, 2022, 52-year-old Thomas Tellier of Mexico was arrested for the shooting death of his stepson Nicholas Trynor in their Intervale Avenue home in Mexico. Tellier was arrested in Mexico and was transported to the Oxford County Jail on the charge of Murder.

Tellier will be arraigned later this week in Oxford County Superior Court.

Latest Local Central Maine News

The post Arrest Made in Mexico Homicide appeared first on True Country 93.5.

More human remains are discovered as waters recede due to drought at Lake Mead

The National Park Service said that more human remains were recovered from the receding waters of Lake Mead for the fifth time this year.

The National Park Service said in a statement that rangers received an emergency call reporting the discovery of human skeletal remains at Swim Beach in the Leake Mead National Recreation Area at about 11:15 a.m. Saturday: “Park rangers responded and set a perimeter to recover the remains with support from Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department’s dive team.” The Clark County Medical Examiner was contacted to determine a cause of death and an investigation is ongoing.

At least four other sets of human remains have been found this year as Lake Mead experiences historically low water levels. The drop in water levels has been cited as a reason for the discovery of a 50-gallon barrel containing the body of a man police believe was the victim of a murder in the mid-1970s or early 1980s. Last August, the federal government declared a water shortage in the Colorado River Basin for the first time, stating that the water level in Lake Mead, which is the largest reservoir in the United States by volume, had fallen to 1,067 feet above sea level and was at 35% capacity.

In July, a set of human remains was found in Swim Lake and the body 22-year-old Lily Kristine Hatcher was found near the Boulder Islands where she went missing on June 30.

Editorial credit: Michael Alford / Shutterstock.com

Police search for 2 suspects after 9 are injured in downtown Cincinnati mass shooting

Police are still searching for two suspects after nine people were injured in a mass shooting near downtown Cincinnati early Sunday morning. Eight men and one woman ranging in ages from 23-47 were hospitalized; all nine had been released from University of Cincinnati Medical Center as of 10:30 a.m.

Cincinnati Police Lt. Col. Mike John said that the shooting took place following an altercation between two groups of people shortly before 2 a.m. outside Mr. Pitiful’s bar in Cincinnati’s historic Over-the-Rhine district, estimating that 15-20 shots were fired in the shooting.

According to Lt. Col. John, as the shooter was actively firing, Officer Joe Shook – who has been with the Cincinnati Police Department since 2016 –  fired a shot. It was unknown whether the bullet struck the shooter, adding that the shooter fled. At a second news conference on Sunday, John said that more shots were fired after the shooter fled, leading police to believe there were at least two shooters.

Cincinnati Mayor Aftab Pureval said the shooting was “unacceptable” while praising officers for their response:  “The gun violence we are seeing is not the gun violence of the past that was concentrated around the drug trad. We need community support, the citizens of Cincinnati to realize this is a devastating trend and to work with us to resolve the differences without gunfire.”

Editorial credit: Jonathan Weiss / Shutterstock.com

Brett Eldredge to play first-ever Ryman residency with 3 holiday shows

Brett Eldredge is making his comeback as “Mr. Christmas” as he spreads holiday cheer with an upcoming series of shows at the historic Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee.

Eldredge’s team announced the performances on Twitter “Brett will be playing three shows in Nashville to kick off Christmas this year! Catch him at The Ryman Auditorium November 25-27. Members of The Locals fan club will have first access to presale tickets starting tomorrow, 8/2. Tickets go on sale to the public this Friday, 8/5!”

The Ryman Auditorium also announced the return of Eldredge’s Glow Live TourBREAKING! @bretteldredge‘s Glow Live Tour is back and bigger than ever! This year, catch Brett at the Ryman for THREE nights, November 25-27, for his first ever #RymanResidency!”

For tickes, head to www. ryman.com.

Editorial credit: Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com

Take a look at Reba McEntire in the Season 3 trailer of ‘Big Sky’

ABC has shared the first trailer for Season 3 of ‘Big Sky,’ with new cast member Reba McEntire narrating the 30-second spot. McEntire says in the clip: “Welcome to Montana, a place where the horizon never ends, full of friendly folk just trying to do right. But in the untamed wilderness, you never know what’s going to be coming around the bend. One thing’s for certain, once you set foot in this place, you may never want to go home again… and you might not.”

Season 3 focuses on a new mystery, with McEntire starring as Sunny Barnes, whose backcountry trip does not go as planned. Private detective Cassie Dewell (Kylie Bunbury), undersheriff Jenny Hoyt (Katheryn Winnick), and Sheriff Beau Arlen (Jensen Ackles) team up to solve a mystery linked to Barnes’ travelers.

Created by David E. Kelley, ‘Big Sky’ is based on C.J. Box’s ‘The Highway’ novels. The first season saw Dewell, Hoyt, and Cody Hoyt (Ryan Phillippe) team up to find two sisters kidnapped by a truck driver. In Season 2, Hoyt rejoins the county sheriff’s office and investigates local drug dealers and a cartel. The third season will include a cast of mostly new characters, played by Jamie-Lynn Sigler, J. Anthony Pena, Henry Ian Cusick, Luke Mitchell, Seth Gabel, Anirudh Pisharody, and Madalyn Horcher.

Check out the trailer for Season 3 of ‘Big Sky’ – here.

WATCH: Reba McEntire Shares First-Look Of Her ‘Big Sky: Deadly Trails’ Character In New Trailer

Editorial credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com

‘Days of Our Lives’ moving to Peacock after nearly six decades on NBC

NBC announced its long-running soap opera Days of Our Lives will be moving to its digital-owned platform Peackock after airing the show for nearly six decades. Currently, Peacock already streams past episodes from the Emmy-winning drama series and previously aired its spinoffs, including Days of Our Lives: Beyond Salem and Days of Our Lives: A Very Salem Christmas film.

Mark Lazarus, Chairman, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming said in a statement: “This programming shift benefits both Peacock and NBC and is reflective of our broader strategy to utilize our portfolio to maximize reach and strengthen engagement with viewers. With a large percentage of the ‘Days of Our Lives’ audience already watching digitally, this move enables us to build the show’s loyal fanbase on streaming while simultaneously bolstering the network daytime offering with an urgent, live programming opportunity for partners and consumers.”

Starting Sept. 12, Days of our Lives time slot will be filled with the launch of ‘NBC News Daily’. The new hour-long show will be anchored by NBC’s Kate Snow, Aaron Gilchrist, Vicky Nguyen, and Morgan Radford, providing the viewers with “signature world-class reporting and breaking news coverage in a first-of-its kind.” The program will also be streamed simultaneously on NBC News NOW and Peacock.

Days of Our Lives first launched on NBC in 1965; the series celebrated its 55th anniversary in 2020 and was renewed for seasons 57 and 58 on NBC in 2021. The move leaves only three soap operas to remain on broadcast TV, including The Bold and the Beautiful and The Young and the Restless on CBS, and General Hospital on ABC.

Editorial credit: Michael Mattes / Shutterstock.com

HBO Max’s Selena Gomez cooking show ‘Selena + Chef’ to return for Season 4 premiering Aug. 18

Selena Gomez’s cooking show Selena + Chef has been renewed for a fourth season on HBO Max. The 10 episode season of the unscripted series will premiere on August 18th with three episodes, followed by three more on August 25th – and the final four on September 1st, exclusively on HBO Max. Selena + Chef premiered in August 2020, inspired by Gomez spending more time in the kitchen during the pandemic.

In season four, Gomez heads to the beach with her friends and family, where Selena will continue to learn the joys of cooking with all-star chefs in a beautiful Malibu beach house. Season 4 featured chefs include Adrienne Cheatham, Devonn Francis, Gordon Ramsay, Kristen Kish, Ludo Lefebvre, Matty Matheson, Nick DiGiovanni, Paola Velez, Priya Krishna and Rachael Ray.   As in the first three seasons, each chef will highlight a different charity. To date, the series has raised $400,000 for 26 nonprofit organizations.

You can view the Season 4 trailer –  here.

Editorial credit: Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com

Fatal Fire in Baileyville

Early this morning, August 5, the Baileyville Fire Department responded to a fire at 24 Summit Street. Firefighters discovered a deceased adult inside the home. Investigators from the Fire Marshal’s office were contacted, responded to the scene and began an investigation.

The deceased is believed to be 67-year-old Craig Thompson who lived alone at the residence. The deceased is being transported to the Office of Chief Medical Examiner in Augusta where an autopsy will be conducted to confirm identity and cause of death.

The Baileyville Fire Department was assisted by the Calais, Alexander, Princeton, Charlotte and Saint Stephen, New Brunswick fire departments.

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office and Baileyville Police Department assisted as well.

The investigation is ongoing but there is no indication of foul play.

Latest Local Central Maine News

The post Fatal Fire in Baileyville appeared first on True Country 93.5.

1 dead, 11 sickened in Legionnaires’ disease outbreak in Napa County, California

A Legionnaires’ disease outbreak in California’s Napa County has caused one death and nearly a dozen hospitalizations since mid-July.  Public health officials have found one possible source of the bacteria that causes the illness, with high levels of Legionella bacteria being found in a water sample taken from a cooling tower at Embassy Suites Napa Valley. However, none of those who were sickened had visited or stayed at the hotel.

According to a Napa County statement“The cooling tower has since been taken offline, which mitigates any ongoing risk to public health.”  Dr. Karen Relucio, the county’s health officer, said in the statement that county and state public health investigators have been working with hotel staff to “remediate the source of exposure, but we must continue to investigate other cooling towers and water sources in the outbreak area, as it is common to find more than one source.”

Legionnaires’ disease is a type of pneumonia caused by a bacteria that grows in warm water. People can get Legionnaires’ disease when they breathe in water vapor containing the bacteria. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Outbreaks are commonly associated with buildings or structures that have complex water systems, like hotels and resorts, long-term care facilities, hospitals, and cruise ships. The most likely sources of infection include water used for showering, hot tubs, decorative fountains, and cooling towers.” The disease isn’t contagious, and can be treated with antibiotics, but can be dangerous for some people, such as those with pre-existing conditions. Symptoms include muscle aches, fever and chills.

A dozen Napa County residents have been hospitalized with the disease since July 11. Three remain hospitalized and one person died; the county said that person was over the age of 50 and had “risk factors for severe disease.”

Editorial credit: Kateryna Kon / Shutterstock.com